I've been obsessed with making ice cream lately. Folks, I must warn you, once you taste homemade ice cream, french custard style, you will be ruined for commercially produced ice cream. Even Ben and Jerry's. My first attempt was vanilla, and Tom still hasn't stopped raving about it. It was just like a rich custard, frozen. Almost too rich! I've also tried Philadelphia style (no eggs) chocolate but to me it's no contest.
My latest venture is coffee ice cream, in honor of Tom's birthday. I chose a recipe from David Leibovitz's The Perfect Scoop in no small part because it was one of the few that contained less than 15 eggs. I love decadent, but I still have to be able to run, people!
It takes a small investment of time, but other than ensuring you watch the heat and stir, stir, stir! it's not overly complicated to make. Oh, and use decaf -- unless you want a serious buzz from your dessert!
- A Fat Adapted Eating Plan to Fuel for an Ultra
- Ultrarunning and Fueling on Whole30
- Wordless Wednesday: Dragon's Tooth
- The Whole 30: Feeling Incredible
- Salomon Sense Mantra Shoe Review
- Laurel Highlands 70 Miler: A Modern Day Fairy Tale
- Fat Adapted: Running an Ultra on the Paleo Diet
- Bull Run Run: DNF
- Highlands Sky: Stunning Beauty, Grueling Course
- Merrell All Out Rush and All Out Fuse Review and Giveaway!