After years of relying on gels, blocks and sugary food and drinks to fuel my long runs, I had to start from square one and work through a lot of trial and error, detailed in this post.
In seeking answers I discovered there were other ultrarunners who were eating similarly and talking about it. Below are some links I hope you'll find helpful.
- Olga King - she eats a Paleo diet
- Timothy Olson - he eats "lower-carb"
- Kami Semick - she follows a grain-free diet
- James of Evolved Running blog
- Katie of I See Trails blog - eats and fuels Whole30 compliant. Lots of helpful info!
Heck, even Olympic gold medal triathletes and professional cyclists are jumping on the bandwagon.
- Dave Zabriskie and Simon Whitfield: Paleo's Latest Converts
- Sonja Wieck, Ironman triathlete and Kona qualifier - eats Paleo, but uses non-Paleo fuel
More posts relating to Paleo and/or Whole30
- Bull Run Run 50 Miler on Day 28 of my Whole30 - DNF and cramping
- My Whole30 Experience - Feeling Incredible
- Fueling on the Whole30: Trial and Error
- Magical Success at Laurel Highlands 70 Miler using Vespa
- The Fueling that got me through Laurel Highlands 70 Miler
Do you eat Paleo, low carb, or simply eschew sugar and processed foods? I'd love to hear about your experiences!