I love feedback. Leave a comment below!

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot

I so adore the tradition of working up a sweat running on Thanksgiving morning.

It was beautiful weather but chilly enough to be properly Fall-like.

I am especially thankful that despite spending a mile and a half in close proximity to two dog owners who thought it just fine to let their respective dogs play/fight/frolic as we ticked off 8 minute miles down neighborhood streets, I did not get mauled, tangled or involved in any fisticuffs.

I didn't beat my old PR, but I ran a good race. 

Mile 1  8:17
Mile 2  8:06
Mile 3  7:50
Mile 4  7:55
Mile 5  7:39 


I couldn't believe the last mile was my fastest. I was really struggling to bring it home and would have sworn that my last mile was a disaster. What that means, I don't know. 

What I do know is, I try never to miss this run. We always see lots of running friends at this race, and we have a great time running this lovely neighborhood course. Friendly folk watch from their porches and driveways, cheering us on, wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving, some even proffering margaritas or other "eye-openers." 


Hubz, Tracy and I. I am thankful for friends.
I am thankful I have a strong body and good health. I am thankful that I can run. 

I am thankful for Hubz, friends, and family with whom to share a holiday meal.

I hope your holiday was as blissful as mine. See you on trail!

Follow by Email