My best friend and I met in college. Turns out her family almost moved to my little town at one point in grade school. We always laugh and wonder if we would have been friends if we had grown up together.
Somehow, we both ended up in DC and our friendship is stronger than ever. This is somewhat curious as we're very different people, and many friends with whom I used to be close I no longer see on a regular basis, in no small part because I spend a lot of my free time on the trails. My best friend does not run. Not one step.
We have always marveled at the fact that we can spend a day hanging out together doing absolutely nothing and have the most enjoyable time. I'm always rejuvenated - with new ideas, a new motivation to read after discussing our most recently read titles, and an overall sense of well-being.
So here's to best friends. I love you, Smellster!
- A Fat Adapted Eating Plan to Fuel for an Ultra
- Ultrarunning and Fueling on Whole30
- Wordless Wednesday: Dragon's Tooth
- You Win Some, You Lose Some
- True Heroes at Bull Run Run
- Freedom's Run Marathon
- Vermont 100, Done!
- Mostly Wordless Wednesday: Adventures in Hiking and Snowshoeing
- Great Pumpkin Ride + Coffeeneuring
- MMT100 Finish Line