I love feedback. Leave a comment below!

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Sadly, the Western States lottery gods did not smile upon me.

Truth be told, I couldn't feel too let down. It was my first time applying and I know so many people who have been trying to get in for years. I didn't really want it as much as they did. And I was so totally thrilled that my friend Robin got in, it honestly overshadowed my own fleeting disappointment.

I contemplated signing up for the Miwok 100k lottery. My friend Tracy had run it in 2014 and raved about the beautiful course. I was sold. With Western States out of the picture, I made my decision and registered. Hubz thought this was such a great idea that he applied too.

I knew getting into Miwok was also a long shot. I debated mailing in a registration for Laurel Highlands 70 miler just in case. But I held off.

On Friday, I got the good news - both Hubz and I got into Miwok 100k!


A view from the Miwok course

The course description reads: Very hilly (approximately 11,800 feet of cumulative elevation gain) with spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tamalpais, Tomales Bay and the Point Reyes National Seashore.

Now, we've got to get serious about our training. Four months is not that far away, and we've got some climbing in our future. 

miwok_profile1
Miwok 100k course profile

Mountains of Virginia, I'll be seeing a lot of you this winter!










3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I am so excited for you both! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about Miwok 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Looks like a gorgeous course. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave a comment!