I love feedback. Leave a comment below!

The Beer Mile

The WUS Beer Mile was a rousing success.

The speedy kids had been talking trash all week. Frankly, I was quaking in my rugged trail shoes, fearing the possibility of coming in DFL.

Amazingly, I finished second woman!

My pre-race warmup. No one else is apparently taking this race seriously.

The WUS gang, awaiting the word GO

Ok, it was a distant second (more than 5 minutes behind Martha) but I was proud of my very first Beer Mile. 

Especially in light of the fact that it took me 59 seconds to down my first beer.

PATHETIC.

First off the line: holy 7 seconds of beer chugging!
Overall I met all my goals for this race:
  1. Finish
  2. Don't hurl
  3. Look cute in new running dress
Robin (not pictured here) is way ahead of me. But hurling cost her an extra lap.

Post Beer Mile. It took me about 14 minutes total. Feeling bloated yet stylish.
Overall winner Bobby with a coveted Martha Mile (Layer 1) shirt.


In summary: OMG. So fun. So awful. And my Kansas-bred belching talent came in MIGHTY handy.

I always knew it would, someday.

I get a shirt too? Great! Hey, are those CUPCAKES?
(photos by Aaron S, mostly)

11 comments:

  1. No one can belch like us Kansans! Congrats on your finish and your fancy new outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good! Love the dress! (Where from??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, the dress is a nuumuu. I bought it at a running store in Fairfax VA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you came in second! you are the bomb. also, I would like to participate in the next beer mile. i bet i'd give you some belching competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dress is Nuu-Muu "Limelight" - The website is here: http://shop.nuu-muu.com/collections/nuu-muu-classic

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is why you are my hero! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is AWESOME!!! Sounds like you had a great time - and you looked really cute. I love the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been told that ultramarathons are eating contests with some running on the side—i.e., that your ability to appropriately fuel your body is just as important as your ability to actually cover the distance. I've gotta believe the ability to keep down four beers in a mile will make a banana mid-50K seem like child's play. My very-special stomach and I are REALLY jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like "fun" or an experience. Love the running dress. New to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback. Leave a comment!